Abstract: Unification of the libraries used by the JADE 4.6.0 core: This is a proposal to update the compilation mechanism with OpenJDK-11 to 18 or higher.
Section 1: Identification
- Responsible for the proposal: FJ Aguayo.
- Proposal date: January 2023.
- Results location: GitHub repo.
Section 2: Description of the proposal
- OpenJDK-11 to OpenJDK-18 compiler.
- JADE Revision 6871 version 4.6.0 of December 19, 2022 is used
2.2. destination platform
Java SE 17, OpenJDK-17 or higher, Java JDK-17 or higher. This implies that it can be used in Desktop or Server environments, with different architectures and operating systems.
The final objective is its integration in JADE 4.6.0, and to wait for a future revision of JADE for JAVA 11 or higher.
23. What does the update proposal need?
- Access to the JADE Platform code. Found at: https://jade.tilab.com/svn/jade/trunk/
- A development environment. Eclipse 2021-12 has been used.
- A detailed compilation of the errors provided by the OpenJDK-17/Java JDK-17 compiler; its progressive correction; the incorporation of the Java Platform Module System to allow the later integration of JADE with its FIPA module under the Java module system.
2.4. Why this proposal?
- Because the evolution of the Java compiler has removed the CORBA libraries from the Java core.
- Because it is not possible to compile the JADE Platform on Java OpenJDK-17. The only way is to incorporate the GlassFish CORBA ORB libraries into the CLASSPATH. Demanding, in turn, the distribution of JADE with these specific libraries.
2.5. Underlying technology or technologies:
- OpenJDK-9 to OpenJDK18.
- Oracle Java JDK-9 through Oracle Java JDK-18.
- GlassFish CORBA ORB 2.4
2.6. Package name for API proposal?
- File: jade-4.6.0.jar
- Package: jade
2.7. Dependencies on specific operating systems
- Those corresponding to the version and architecture of the Java compiler.
2.8. Security issues due to the current security model
- They have not been analysed.
2.9. Internationalization or localization problems?
- They have not been implemented.
2.10. Any need for revision as a result of this work?
- It has not been foreseen. Awaiting review.
2.11. Schedule for the development of this proposal
- Start: December 2022
- End: January 2023
Section 3: Contributions
3.1. Documents, proposals, or implementations that describe the technology.
3.2. Starting point of the work.
- JADE-4.6.0 Patch 6871.
Section 4: Additional Information (Optional)
4.1. Additional information to include in the Improvement Proposal
License: GNU Lesser General Public License v2.1
Author: TILAB Telecom
- Section 1: Identification
- Section 2: Description of the proposal
- 2.1. Resume
- 2.2. destination platform
- 23. What does the update proposal need?
- 2.4. Why this proposal?
- 2.5. Underlying technology or technologies:
- 2.6. Package name for API proposal?
- 2.7. Dependencies on specific operating systems
- 2.8. Security issues due to the current security model
- 2.9. Internationalization or localization problems?
- 2.10. Any need for revision as a result of this work?
- 2.11. Schedule for the development of this proposal
- Section 3: Contributions
- Section 4: Additional Information (Optional)