20. For More Information...
20.1. ... about Jess
- Friedman-Hill, Ernest, "Jess in Action: Rule-based Systems in Java", ISBN 1930110898.
- The Jess FAQ at http://www.jessrules.com/FAQ.shtml includes the solutions to some common problems.
- You can post Jess or Java programming questions to StackOverflow. We monitor the jess tag on StackOverflow (so be sure to tag your question appropriately!) and we can answer your questions quickly there.
Historically, the jess-users mailing list, was the primary means of asking questions and getting help with Jess. Patches and announcements are still posted to this list, but we no longer encourage people to use this list to ask questions.
To subscribe, send mail to email@example.com containing the text
subscribe jess-users end
as the body of the message. Our list is moderated, so it's spam and virus-free.
- Bug reports.
No software is ever perfect. Despite our best efforts and extensive testing, there may still be bugs in Jess. Please read the release notes for specific information. Comments and bug reports are welcome. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can fix them for a later release.
20.2. ... about Java and Java Programming
- Java's home page
- Learn more about Java at the JavaRanch forums, in my opinion the best place on Earth to ask Java questions.
20.3. ... about Rule Engines and Expert Systems
- Giarratano and Riley, "Expert Systems: Principles and Programming", Second Edition; ISBN 0878353356.
- Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig, "Artificial Intelligence - A Modern Approach," ISBN 0131038052.
- John Durkin, "Expert Systems - Design and Development," ISBN 0023309709.
- Guus Schreiber, Hans Akkermans, Anjo Anjewierden, Robert de Hoog, Nigel Shadbolt, Walter Van de Velde and Bob Wielinga, "Knowledge Engineering and Management - The Common KADS Methodology," ISBN 0262193000.
- Nils J. Nilsson, "Principles of Artificial Intelligence," ISBN 0934613109.
- Jay Aronson and Efraim Turban, "Decision Support and Intelligent Systems", ISBN 0137409370.
- Mark Watson, "Intelligent Java Applications for the Internet and Intranets"